Jerónimo Maqueda Blasco
He is a Doctor Specialised in Occupational Medicine, holds a Master’s Degree in Public Health, specialising in Epidemiology, and a PhD in Medicine with a “Cum Laude” distinction.
Throughout his professional career he has held the following positions:
- Chairman of the National Committee of the Occupational Medicine Speciality.
- Director of the National Occupational Health School of the Carlos III Health Institute.
- Member of the Technical Committee for the Assessment of Public Health, Epidemiology and Occupational Health of the Healthcare Research Fund of the Carlos III Health Institute.
- National representative at the European Research Consortium “Topic Center on Research- Work and Health” (European Agency for Safety and Health at Work).
- Expert Group of the European Commission for the review and updating of the European List of Occupational Diseases.
- Spanish representative at the CIS Network of the International Labour Organization.
- National representative at the Thematic network group on Occupational Safety and Health Monitoring (European Agency for Safety and Health at Work).
He is currently the Director of the Department of Health Promotion and Occupational Epidemiology of the National Institute for Safety and Health at Work (INSST), Member of the National Committee of the Occupational Medicine Speciality and Research Professor at the University of Alcalá. He has released 46 publications on Occupational Medicine and has been a researcher in 19 projects, in 7 of them as the principal investigator.